Prolozone is derived from the Latin word "proli" which means to regenerate or rebuild, and the word ozone. Ozone is the most highly active form of oxygen in the universe. Prolozone uses the power of oxygen to cause damaged tissues, joints, ligaments, and tendons to regenerate. This usually causes a complete healing, and a permanent end to pain. Martha Bray, FNP-BC, APRN, trained with Dr. Frank Shallenburger in this highly effective treatment.
How Does PROLOZONE® Work?
The reason that some injuries completely heal and others don't has to do with circulation. In order for a damaged area of the body to regenerate and heal, it must have the critical elements that only the blood can provide:
- and oxygen
- First, homeopathic anti-inflammatory medications are injected into the injured area to reduce inflammation and swelling. This leads to increased circulation.
- Next, the area is treated with vitamins and minerals that are critical for healing.
- And finally, the area is infiltrated with oxygen in the form of ozone.
Is PROLOZONE® the Same as Prolotherapy?
No. Prolozone uses oxygen to create a healing. Prolotherapy uses inflammation to create the healing. Prolozone is not the same as prolotherapy. Although prolotherapy is often effective, it had the following limitations. Prolotherapy is extremely painful. Pain usually persists for days to weeks after a treatment. Patients receiving Prolozone feel immediate improvement, with very little to any pain at all during the treatments. Next, prolotherapy requires many injections, whereas Prolozone only requires a few. This means that Prolozone is faster and much less expensive. Prolozone therapy is especially effective in regenerating the cartilage in damaged knees and hips. Prolotherapy is usually not able to do this.
Conditions That Can Be Treated With PROLOZONE®
Prolozone works on just about any pain problem you might have, including:
- neck pain
- degenerated or herniated discs
- low back pain
- plantar fascitis
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- torn tendons
- TMJ syndrome
- heel spurs
- tennis elbow
- rotator cuff tears
- knee injuries
- sports injuries
- Oxygen/ozone gas mixture.
- The affected joint is anesthetized with procaine which is a local anesthetic.
- B12 and folic acid is added to the procaine and this combination will stimulate the DNA of cells to jump into repair action faster and longer than other treatments.
The amazing thing about Prolozone is that it is not just a treatment for pain. The results usually represent a permanent fix.