Don’t confuse bio-identical hormone replacement with synthetic hormone replacement. You have seen the headlines about synthetic replacement. It has conclusively been proven to be dangerous, and should never be given. Bio-identical hormones are completely different. They are the same hormones that are already in your body. There has never been one study that has indicated that the use of bio-identical hormones is anything but healthy.
Bio-identical hormone are not just for women. Bio-identical hormone replacement is just as important for men’s health. Proper individualized replacement programs using these hormones will make you feel and function years younger, while at the same time protecting you against the diseases and infirmities of aging.
Perhaps the only negative side of all the scientific and clinical information on hormone replacement is that it is just a way too good to believe. Let's face it, when the average person is told that there is an anti-aging therapy that does all the following, it's just too much to take seriously:
- Increases exercise performance
- Improves overall energy levels
- Enhances sexual performance
- Re-grows the heart, liver, spleen, kidneys, brain, and other organs that atrophy with aging
- Causes an average of 14. 4 pounds of fat loss in 6 months without dieting and an 8. 8% increase in muscle mass without exercising
- Improves cardiac function
- Lowers blood pressure
- Causes the skin to be tighter and thicker and have less wrinkles
- Improves mood and sleep
- Increases mental function
- Improves injury healing
- Strengthens bones
- Lowers LDL cholesterol while increasing HDL
- Improves immune function
The major difference between you at age 50 and you at age 25 is hormonal. Hormones are molecular messengers which control healing, tissue regeneration, immune function, sexual function, memory and mood, strength, body composition, skin thickness, energy, digestion, and virtually every other aspect of human function. When they hear the word "hormone" most people think only of the sex hormones, but there are many other hormones beside these. Other important hormones are growth hormone, thyroid hormone, and the adrenal hormones. Age related hormonal deficiencies are the primary cause of all the diseases and symptoms of aging.